Program length: 36 Credit Hours
国产偷拍视频 (Eighteen months to complete with full-time student status; part-time study also permitted)
The Master of Arts in Strategic and International Studies (Professional) is designed for professionals with five to seven years of relevant work experience. The curriculum provides a comprehensive study of the theory and practice of foreign and national security policy and strategy, including both historical and contemporary perspectives. This program covers all of the elements of statecraft and how they must be integrated into national strategy.
- IWP 615 Western Moral Tradition and World Politics OR IWP 608 American Founding Principles and Foreign Policy OR IWP 606 Ideas and Values in International Politics (4 credits)
- IWP 620 Contemporary Politics and Diplomacy (4 credits)
- IWP 627 International Relations, Statecraft and Integrated Strategy (4 credits)
- IWP 634 Geography and Strategy (2 Credits)
- IWP 642 Economics for Foreign Policy Makers (2 credits)
- IWP 659 Enemy Threat Doctrine of Global Jihadism (4 credits)
Two Courses in Statecraft (4 credits each)
- IWP 601 National Security Policy Process
- IWP 605 Intelligence and Policy
- IWP 609 Economic Statecraft and Conflict
- IWP 625 Peace, Strategy and Conflict Resolution
- IWP 628 Military Strategy: Theory and Practice
- IWP 631 Foreign Propaganda, Perceptions and Policy OR IWP 637 Public Diplomacy and Strategic Influence
- Two Courses in Choice of Specialization (4 credits each)
- American Foreign Policy
- Comparative Political Culture
- Homeland Security
- International Politics
- National Security and Defense Studies
- Public Diplomacy and Strategic Influence
Students in this program may be enrolled full-time (9 or more credit hours per semester) or part-time (less than 9 credit hours per semester), but must complete the degree in five calendar years or less. After successful completion of all coursework, each student will be required to pass a one-hour oral examination and a three-hour written comprehensive examination.
The Admissions Committee evaluates each application for this degree with a focus on professional experience and leadership, ultimately assessing how your professional experiences have given you an extensive understanding of one of the elements of statecraft. This includes your individual and unique qualifications in the following:
The breadth and depth of your professional experience, your level of management responsibilities (e.g., strategy, operations, etc.), career progression and demonstrated leadership. The Professional MA applicant must have 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Integrated Intellectual Capabilities
国产偷拍视频Your potential to succeed academically as demonstrated through your academic record, letters of recommendation, professional experience, and understanding of intelligence, national security or international affairs at an integrated, strategic level.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of basic terms, concepts, historical facts, theories, and geography related to their chosen field of study.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to integrate military strategy, the diplomatic art, economic strategy, intelligence, counterintelligence, public diplomacy, and strategic influence into a coherent whole.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the statecraft of the U.S. and foreign powers.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the main ideological currents of the modern era and their impact on US and foreign behavior.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the principles of the American founding and their relevance to U.S. national security and foreign policy.
- Students will demonstrate a knowledge and appreciation of the Western moral tradition and its applicability to national security and foreign policy.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to assess arguments, identify logical flaws, and obtain supporting or corrective information.
- Students will demonstrate the use of clear, effective and persuasive written communications.
- Students will demonstrate the use of clear, effective, and persuasive oral communication.